Ballistol universal oil
The Ballistol oil is a universal oil for which the formula was developed as early as 1904. Intended as weapon oil, but is now used for a wide range of purposes. This is due to the lubricating, cleansing and protective effect of Ballistol oil. This maintenance oil is very effective and environmentally friendly. I myself use Ballistol for the maintenance of my knives, saws and axes as well as the leather scabbards they are in. My wooden cutting boards are also provided with a protective layer of Ballistol after thorough disinfection.
What properties make Ballistol oil unmatched
- Ballistol Universal Oil is corrosion resistant
- Has very good lubricating properties
- Is a maintenance and cleaning agent with good creep properties
- Works disinfectant
- Ballistol does not harden and age
- Ballistol penetrates into the smallest hairline cracks and dissolves residues of hardened unwanted oil
- The product is biodegradable
What Ballistol oil for use
Ballistol Universal Oil cares for, lubricates, disinfects and protects against corrosion. The oil creeps into the smallest corners and does not harden even after years. Stuck bolts or malfunctioning hinges are quickly remedied with this oil. Furthermore, Ballistol oil is biodegradable and does not irritate the skin. It is therefore not surprising that this product is frequently used in various sectors. This can include do-it-yourselfers, the car and motorcycle sector, as well as fishermen, hunters and shooters who use this product.
Some examples for which Ballistol oil is widely used:
- Lubrication and maintenance of knives, saws and axes.
- Remedying squeaky and creaking hinges
- Cleaning stainless steel (kitchen equipment)
- Protection and cleaning of metal tools and parts
- Treatment of wounds
- Treating dry skin
- Treatment of (dried out) wood
- Handling leather – making leather flexible